Peanut Spicy Reindeer Sticks
2. Peanut Spicy butter
3. Fresh Raspberries
4. Gluten free pretzels
1. Slather the peanut spicy butter into the celery ribs.
2. Add the antlers, eyes, and nose for the full Rudolph face.
3. Watch your kids eat and devour this snack!
VEGAN PUMPKIN CASHEW BUTTER SOUP
Nut-Lite Cashew butter to make a creamy base for savoury soup!
Bright, creamy and zingy—with a little chilli kick. All the things you want in a bowl o’ beautiful soup.
- 1 Pumpkin Squashed
- Large knob of unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small medium-hot chilli, deseeded and chopped, or a pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 3cm piece root ginger, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 l Vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp of Cashew butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To serve:
- Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds or chopped toasted peanuts (optional)
- A little finely chopped chilli (optional)
- Halve and peel the squash, then scoop out the seeds and cut the flesh into 1cm cubes. Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the onion and sweat until soft and translucent. Add the chilli, ginger and garlic and cook for another couple of minutes. Add the squash, a sprinkling of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer gently, partially covered, for about 20 minutes, until the squash is soft – you should be able to mash it easily against the side of the pan with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Whiz in a blender (or use a stick blender to purée it in the pan) until very smooth; you may need to do this in batches. In a bowl, whisk the peanut butter with a ladleful of the hot soup until well blended. Return this mixture to the soup in the pan, stir well and heat through.
- Remove from the heat, add the lime juice and coriander, then taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve each portion topped with a dollop of yogurt and a few coriander leaves. Sprinkle toasted pumpkin seeds or peanuts and/or a little finely chopped chilli on top, if you like.
This is a good combination of avocado, almond cranberry butter and kale in the Vegan Breakfast Sandwich will have vegans and non-vegans alike craving breakfast all day long.
- 1 Whole Wheat Muffin
- 1 tablespoon of almond cranberry butter
- 1/4 of a medium avocado
- 2 Cups of Kale
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- To assemble sandwich: Toast muffin
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium sautee pan
- Sautee kale on medium heat until slightly crispy (approximately 5 minutes)
- Mash 1/4 of an avocado onto one side of your toasted muffin
- On the other side spread 1 tablespoon of almond cranberry butter (Nut-Lite Almond Cranberry butter). Layer cooked kale between to halves of sandwich